Giving Up Is Not An Option: Part 1

Well, we had our doctor’s appointment this past Thursday and I went into this appointment more hopeful than I had been in a while. I was ready to hear what this doctor had to say and what she believed was going to work. We got into the room and began talking as the doctor reviewed my chart. As she reviewed she read out loud the different methods we tried with the previous doctor. Both the previous doctor and this doctor worked in the same practice, however the previous doctor had referred us to this current doctor for further help. As she began to list all the different fertility methods we had tried I interrupted her to let her know the additional steps of IUI and IVF we had also tried. She proceeded to say nicely, she wasn’t sure she would be able to do anymore for us. She felt that we were going backwards and not forwards, with coming to see her. My heart broke. It took everything in me to not burst into tears. Another in the long line of disappointments.

The doctor recommended another fertility specialist in the area, one that had already been recommended to us by many people. And although we are emotionally and mentally ready to move forward with this process, a fertility specialist is not covered by our health insurance. Therefore, we have hit another roadblock, because we are not ready to take on that financial burden, again. I would truly love to go and speak with the specialist, however knowing we wouldn’t be able to do any procedures, it would be a tease.

With much hesitation in my voice, I told the Doctor that I wasn’t sure I wanted to go to another specialist at the moment, thankfully the doctor then advised we could try a different fertility medicine for a few months. The Doctor said that she would rather us start this new fertility medication while we decided if we wanted to see the specialist rather than doing nothing. Additionally, during this appointment we asked her opinion on some medical research centers. She mentioned it would be a great idea and recommended the USF Sarasota campus or the University of Colorado Fertility Clinic, which is one of the highest rated fertility clinics in the country.

By the end of the appointment, I began to feel hopeful again. Not only are we going to start the medication she recommended, but we also have more options.

We want to keep our family and friends informed and ask for prayers, as we continue on this bumpy journey.



2 thoughts on “Giving Up Is Not An Option: Part 1”

  1. Hi Dani and Juan….after reading today’s blog, I believe I would be making the sane decisions you are. This may open another door, and not incur a great deal of debt. Love you both! 🙏🏼

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s